No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

8.08.2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Round 1

I would sell my soul to the devil for a bowl of Kellog's Raisin Bran right now. It's one of my favorite things to eat on the planet and I've been thinking about it for days. If I bought it I would pour a little in a bowl, cover it in sugar then fill it with milk to the top and eat it like that until the whole box was gone. And let's be honest, nothing good would come of that.

I'd hit some Cocoa Krispies pretty hard right now, too. Cereal is my favorite. I miss you, carbs.



A few months ago a bunch of ladies I know asked if I would start posting pictures of what I wear to work on Instagram. I'm not sure why because I don't think that I wear anything all that exciting. I like tailored, fitted pieces in general in a classic style. I don't like wearing loose clothes since I lost weight because I spent most of my life in baggy clothes and what's the point of losing 120lb to cover it all up? I also hate pants and between April-November you will be hard pressed to find me in them, especially if I'm not working. I do wear them to work fairly often but almost never outside of work and in the winter I just wear leggings a lot because jeans are my arch nemesis.

I have had a hard time finding blogs that feature clothes of someone who dresses the way I do: business casual but a little more dressy because "business casual" is a slippery slope to khakis and a polo shirt and I'm just not interested in that. I didn't spend 7 years of my life in scrubs to wear polo shirts that make my chest look weird, thanks. Some people I work with are surprised that I wear skirts and dresses so much but really, I'm so used to it that it's not something I think much about. Maybe I dress up too much for my job but I don't think so, unless I roll in with a gown and 5 inch Guess stilettos (I do own such a shoe and they hurt but make my legs look killer) then I think I'm safe. Anyway, I thought someone else who dresses similarly to me might like to see what I wear. Or not. I have no idea.

Despite my love of classic colors and shapes I also do like to choose some trends to work into my wardrobe such as my obsession with neons right now. As I've said before, most of my clothes come from Banana Republic (because their petites fit me really well, I have long legs but regular pants are too long and short pants are often too short...I'm looking at you, Ann Taylor) and JCrew (because I like their style and trends). I almost never pay full price for anything because I will just wait for it to go on sale so I spend about as much on clothes as my mom does who is on a pretty strict shopping diet of JCPenney and Marshalls. I like to take risks sometimes because clothes are fun and if you don't like it then you don't wear it again. Easy peasy.

Shannon (over at shannanigans, check her out because she's a funny mama lady) mentioned a few months ago that I should join in with What I Wore Wednesday over at The Pleated Poppy so I figured, why not? I like to look at what other people are wearing because I'm nosy and that's how I decide I must own 99% of items anyway so maybe someone wants to stalk my closet from time to time. True to my procrastination form, here we are months later and I'm finally doing it. Better late than never is clearly my life motto.

So without further ado, here is what I wore today!


My shirt is a Haberdashery shirt from JCrew, I have an unholy love for button down shirts that will become pretty clear as these Wednesdays roll forward. The skirt I got this weekend on mega clearance at The Loft for $21! And it's subtle, right? ;) The necklace I got last year from Ann Taylor, also on ridiculous clearance for something crazy like $10-15. The shoes on the left are what I did wear, flats from Banana Republic but I would have worn my Cole Haans on the right if my foot wasn't so swollen from falling at my uncle's wedding (the bruise is now visible and is softball sized).

I also painted my nails last night in a color that is totally unlike me but I love it because it reminds me of clay. It's Yogaga by Essie from their new Yogaga collection and I got it on a whim last week. Having my nails painted makes me feel much more put together for some reason.


I am a chronic nail biter (the uncle from the aforementioned wedding taught me how when I was 3 or 4) and I usually leave them alone if they are painted but if they aren't for two or three days I will annihilate them which is what I did a few weeks ago. Therefore, forgive their sad state. They're generally very small anyway, I have obnoxious little carnie hands that can't even scale an octave on the piano.

Also, as a bonus to my first WIWW here is what I wore to my nail biting uncle's wedding (for the record, as I have somehow forgotten to mention this, he is the one who came up with the nickname that many of my family call me and of which this blog is named for. Although they usually just call me Dotes now).

Ignore that Gisele-wanna-be face, I was trying to show off the fact that I used bronzer for the first time ever and I was pretty proud of it. Dress and shoes are from Banana Republic as are my earrings. My bracelet that you can kind of see is from Kate Spade and my toenail are painted Slapper from butterLondon.

So there it is, my first What I Wore Wednesday. I hope you liked it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bright yellow skirt and all the nude shoes! This outfit would be PERFECT for the NEON link-up I'm hosting! It's my first time hosting a link-up, and I hope you stop by!

    DOUBLE DOG DARE Fashion Link Up: Summer of NEON! Win a PRIZE!


    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete