No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

8.02.2012

Back it up.

I woke up this morning to a rabbit on the lam. I came out of my room and Archie came running right to me in a total "Moooom! I was baaaad!!!" way. Seriously, you should have seen the look on her face. I thought that she had just gotten out a few minutes before because nothing outside the living room was disturbed but about an hour after I put her away I discovered that she broke out of her hutch, went through the living room, past my desk, went into the kitchen, somehow opened the door to the little closet I keep my trash can in and chewed a bunch of pieces off my broom then returned to the living room all the while bypassing the delectable pieces of paper all over the floor around my desk from doing expense reports.

I'm not sure if other rabbits have a personality as big as mine does but she has it in spades.

I had to go to the doctor today for a recheck on my back and the nurse told me I had lost "another 6lb" and asked how I did it because she has recently joined Weight Watchers. I told her I gave up carbs and refined sugar and then broke down crying hysterically, much like someone on a reality show that has just been voted off the episode right before they are in the finals to win a million dollars and a car that will stop being made two years after airing. I swear to all that is holy I have never been through a breakup as hard as giving up carbs has been. Yesterday I was driving to an appointment and realized that I had been daydreaming about spaghetti for at least 15 minutes and it was one of the best daydreams I have ever had.

That being said I ate three ears of corn for dinner tonight and every single one was amazing.

This scale and I have had a love/hate relationship since we first met five years ago but today we were tight. I do miss carbs but not enough to go back to inhaling them on the daily until I'm back in a size 4. I just hope and pray it's sooner rather than later.



So my doctor didn't have good news for me today but I kind of expected it. I've been given a weight restriction of not being able to lift more than 10lb until my recheck in a month and I have to start going to physical therapy. This might seem minor but a good portion of my job is pretty physical so it's going to take some rethinking and rearranging how things happen until I am better. It's also going to be tough to figure how I will be in town often enough to go to PT but I'll make it work. I AM, however, allowed to run. I have no idea how I convinced him that I am ok to run but after being my doctor for the last 5 years I think he's used to me by now and it may be because the nurse told him about how I sobbed over missing dinner rolls and figured that it would be best to avoid the epic nuclear meltdown that I would have if he said I couldn't run. It would be like a red headed Chernobyl and I shudder to think what that would entail.

For the record, my doctor wanted to make my weight restriction 5lb but I convinced him to up to to 10lb so I could still cart around all the hospital kitties I see in my days. Really, it's the bread and butter of my job. I mean, just look at this dude. His name is Ralph and he's lived at his hospital his whole life and his disgruntled face was not because I was holding him but because I stopped petting him to take his picture. How rude of me.



The good news is I was kind of bummed so I went to the mall and found not only the brand new Urban Decay foundation brush that I've been dreaming of for months since they first mentioned they would be releasing their new Naked foundation but I also happened across a sale at Ann Taylor which netted me a silk shirt that fits like a dream and that adorable glitter clutch for a whopping $26 total. Win.


Don't ask me why I bought three bottle of nail polish when I bit all my fingernails off a few weeks ago and have been begging them to grow back ever since. I know not what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment