No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

8.10.2012

High Five for Friday!

I've been in a grumpy mood this week. Grumpy in that nothing will help it unless it's covered in chocolate or glitter (Not at the same time, preferably. Unless it's edible glitter which I do have and which is awesome) and seeing as I can't have chocolate and am three hours away from my glitter collection not much is helping. I will say that yesterday I was driving through Woodstock, which is every bit the 1969 time warp that you would expect it to me, when I saw a man standing outside a store talking to friend while wearing a speedo, an open Hawaiian shirt, knee socks and work boots and that was definitely the highlight of my day.

So to combat this I thought I would link up over at From My Grey Desk for her High Five For Friday post, aka five awesome things that happened this week.

1. Yesterday I got to play with not one but two puppies. I am a total cat (and now rabbit) person but puppies are pretty awesome too as long as I don't have to take them home and wrangle them away from my favorite wedges. This little guy was 10 or 11 weeks old and he was such a funny, naughty boy! He's an Australian Cattle Dog, in case you were wondering, and in all my years in veterinary medicine I don't think I've ever seen one so young.

2. I went to Marshall's on Wednesday night, aka my happy place, and happened across these for $12.99 and $7.00 (respectively). Seriously, if you are an old lady of 32 like me and you find these snatch them up! I've actually been excited to wash my face the last two days because of how awesome the one on the right makes my skin feel.


3. I post a lot of pictures on instagram (missmarabelle if you want to stalk me) and I posted the same outfit of the day picture with the yellow skirt that I posted on here and tagged the companies of the items I was wearing and then the unthinkable happened. Literally, be still my heart because I almost drove off the road when I saw this. My life= complete.



4. I come across a lot of things in my travel that make me laugh like the Amigone Funeral Homes in Buffalo (apparently it's a family name?) and try my hardest to get pictures of the good stuff I see. This unfortunate sign combo cracked me up, I can't help it.


5. Part of the grumpiness I have is due to not running much this week. I skipped my weekly half marathon training run on Tuesday because it was too hot for me (90 degrees at 5:30pm, I know my limits) and my foot is still really sore and swollen so I've been resting it. The GOOD news is that I am going to run tomorrow and my back is starting to feel better which may or may not be due to the nightly "massages" the bun gives me. At night I lay on my stomach on the floor at home to stretch out my back and she usually jumps up and down on it by launching herself from the ottoman over and over or just sits on it and takes a bath. I'm not sure how effective her 3.8lb of pressure is but it's the thought that counts. Here she is attempting to massage my hip, she's so thoughtful.



No comments:

Post a Comment