No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

3.04.2012

Does this hole in my forehead make me look hot?

Day 4 of my migraine has been less that enjoyable. I woke up feeling better but stayed in bed for a while just in case it was just pretending it was gone. When I thought I was safe I got up and started unpacking my suitcase from Friday and within a half hour felt like I was going to die again. After laying on the couch for a few hours trying to figure out the quickest and most efficient way to get to my exacto knife without bending over to search for it so that I could use it to cut a hole in my face to release the pressure I remembered that I needed to go to the pharmacy to refill a prescription TODAY. Crap. I made it to Rite Aid without dying because I shouldn't be driving, then made it through Target without dying and then made it through Wegmans without killing anyone (Sunday...grocery store...*shudder*...). I thought that maybe being outside in the fresh air would help me feel better so I went to TJMAxx and was ok until I looked at a striped shirt and almost threw up (no exaggeration). I came home and have been laying on the couch watching random stuff on tv that's killing my brain cells ever since (MTV...yeah...). If this isn't gone by tomorrow I'm going to my doctor because I can't handle it anymore. I've dealt with migraines off and on for years but this one is worse than I've had in a long time, maybe since college. I wish there was something I could do to make it go away faster but no medications come anywhere near touching them so I usually just have to deal with them until they magically go away. Sadly, the magic ain't happening here.

The point of all of this was just to whine. Thanks for reading.

Ok, really the other point is that I haven't been able to run for days because of my head being this way and there is no way I am ready for the 4 mile race I have on Saturday let alone the half marathon I have the week after that I am determined to get through if someone needs to drag me in a red wagon. Oh, you didn't know I have a half marathon in 2 weeks? Well let me tell you about it...I'm a stubborn ass. It's true, I can't sugar coat it. And last year I signed up for the Yuengling Shamrock Half Marathon in Virginia Beach but deferred my registration to this year due to my heart issues. This year I refused to defer it and even though there is NO WAY I can run anywhere close to half of it let alone the entire thing but I am going to do it anyway to prove to myself that I can. I am scared. Trust me when I say that. I have a lot of anxiety about it and have had some nightmares about it but I am doing it. You hear that, wussy self?? YOU'RE DOING IT.

If I die will they still give me a medal? Really, I just want the medal. Medals are awesome and then I can lie to everyone and pretend it didn't take me 4 hours to finish it, right? Because the only person who will know will be my best friend who is going will me to bring my broken body home for burial. She's a good friend. But Omg, I am nuts. Pray for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment