No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

2.21.2012

Something is (almost) always better than nothing.

Two posts in one day! Such ambition! Except...not really. I'm sitting here dying a little on the inside. Why, do you ask? Well, this morning I said I was going running but I didn't because I ended up not having time before I needed to start working. Therefore I told myself I was going to go to Zumba tonight but then I got really tired and started reading (and finishing) my book and then that idea was shot. So around 7:30 I said to myself, "Self...how can you be a perfectionist AND a procrastinator at the same time?". And then I just realized it's part of my charm, right up there with my ability to talk nonstop to anyone at any time and get 3 gold stars on every level of Angry Birds ever created. I didn't want to have the day be a waste of sitting on my bum reading a book and driving to appointments though so I dusted off my 30 Day Shred DVD (let's be honest, P90X is calling my name but it still scares the bajeezus out of me so I haven't started it yet) and now I want to die. A year ago I thought this DVD was a joke because I could breeze through it with no problems. Today however I can not feel my butt. That I am currently sitting on. While typing this. And wondering why JWow got the body she did and I was dealt the short, red haired body that I have. It's probably a trade off because SHE can't procrastinate and be a perfectionist at the same time. BOOM! And it's all because Jillian Michaels knows how to kick the snot out of you in 20 minutes. Well, at least at this stage of my physical in inaptitude.

Moral of the story: it doesn't matter what time you excercise or how intense it is, just get off the couch and do something. Then get right back on the couch content with the knowledge that you did especially if you're working towards a goal. And my goal?


My formerly bangin' self. I miss her. And her biceps.


No comments:

Post a Comment