No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

6.05.2012

Double run and bedroom progress!

My college roomate stalked my house today, like legit showed up on my doorstep and then posted a picture on my facebook for me to find of her being here. She was in the area for the college reunion this past weekend and she wanted to meet up today for lunch but I have that evil thing called a JOB that I keep showing up for because the bun eats exorbitant amounts of organic spring mix so I couldn't meet her. She left me presents instead one of which was this AWESOME shirt:



I have no Ohio State affiliation other than that she lives there but now I have a shirt to remind me of her with Hello Kitty on it which is a winning combo.

Today I got home from work at 4:30pm which is crazy talk. I want you to know that I love my job, I truly do. But I would be a huge liar if I didn't admit that sometimes it's really hard to not have a normal life with friends and things to do after work and getting home (to your own house) at a reasonable hour because you're too busy travelling all over God's creation. Therefore being home and done with work at 4:30 today was amazing and gave me tons of motivation to do things I usually can't (after a 20 minute nap on the couch that is...the bun talked me into it!).

This morning I ran for 3 miles but since I was home so early I decided to run for a few more miles. I headed to the lake, waited in the parking lot through a little torrential downpour, and then ran two hard interval miles. The first mile I pushed hard and guess what?? I RAN AN 8 MINUTE MILE!!! So, I am well aware of the fact that that isn't really fast but it's way better than what I've been doing. The next mile I alternated fast and slow and went home an exhausted mess. I will tell you this though: my Urban Decay 24/7 liquid eyeliner stayed put even through all the sweat because it's phenomenal and I never doubted it for a second.

I'm really glad that I ran 5 miles total today because I needed to work off the cake I ate last night. It was allowable cake because I've spent a lot of time at the doctor lately so every time I have to go I allow myself a piece of cake as a reward like I'm 5. However, just because I've ok'd it in my head doesn't mean I don't then need to work it off so that's what I did today since yesterday was a rest-and-eat-cake day. Also, I am outraged over how orange the lighting in the dr's office makes my hair, behold:


I guess it doesn't look that bad in the picture but in person it's ridiculous. The good news is I look fantastic in the shade of blue their gowns are in.

After my second run I came home and started painting my bedroom. I painted the smallest wall in the room so naturally I feel super accomplished, as I should. I am kind of missing the blue already but I think it will be a good change. I hope? I might cry about it though, no joke, but if I don't like it in another month or two I can just repaint it (not like I haven't done that before).


Did you know that tomorrow is National Running Day?? I won't be able to run most likely (maybe tomorrow night) but I will be in spirit with all of you who DO get to run! So get out there!

1 comment:

  1. your 8 min mile is fast! keep up the good work. Right now I am running about a 11:20 mile. I am a slow turtle, but I know I will get faster in time and some speed workouts. I will be running today for national running day. And I love the color.

    ReplyDelete