No lamb, no garden, no immaculate conception but there IS something about me.

1.11.2012

5k! Coming soon!

There was no running for me today. I needed to leave my house by 8am to drive 2.5 hours to my first appointment so to go running would have meant that I would have had to go to the lake in the dark and the cold. And although I think I am a pretty fearless chick I just don't like running alone in the dark in a heavily wooded area. The lake is pretty safe but I don't even want to think of the squawking I would hear if my mom found out. Plus it's crazy cold that early in the morning around my house in January so no thank you. I thought about running when I got to my hotel tonight but my back has been screaming at me for 2 days so I decided to just get in bed instead (so hello from bed!).

I'm in bed already because I've been really tired lately and I think it's because I still can't eat very much. I've lost 11lb in 2 weeks because I can't eat. This seems awesome in theory but it's really not. When you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and burns muscle instead of fat (eek!). It's frustrating to not want to eat at all when I know I need to. Not even chocolate sounds good to me which is blasphemous but it means I've been almost completely sugar free for the last 3 weeks (this is not a bad thing). And let me give you some proof that my body is ticked that I started running again and can't eat: according to the scale I am 2lb heavier than I was 3 days ago. This is physically impossible but it always happens whenever I start exercising after a period of nothing. It's like my body freaks out and says "NOOOOOOO!!!! I need that fat!!!" but listen here, body: I've beat you into submission many times before and I will do it again.

Oh! I have exciting news! I signed up for the Chilly Chili 5k on January 29th today. This will be my third year running it and coincidentally the last race I ran last year. At much as I hate 5k's AND races that start late (it starts at 1pm) this one is really fun because after you cross the finish line there is a big chili cook off with a band (inside!). The first time I had ever had chili was at this race two years ago and now I'm obsessed with it. Last year it was 6 degrees outside which is way outside my comfort zone and it took me 3 days to thaw enough to sit down but given our current state of No Snow I'm hopeful for a warmer day.

Totally off topic but have you ever worn something and then wonder what the heck you were thinking when you see yourself later in the day? That was me today. I don't know what I was thinking this morning (other than being mildly distraught over a stupid thing I discovered) and I can't even plead that I didn't have anything clean because I did laundry yesterday. I feel bad for anyone who saw me today because really, I was one step above couch wear. I have no idea what I packed to wear tomorrow but I'm hoping it was better than what I concocted from my closet today. I swear I am the only person I know who can make head to toe J Crew look like it came from the thrift store some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment